The 6th Annual Sloan-C/MERLOT International Symposium for Emerging Technologies in Online Learning (@ET4Online) has been moved from July to April 9-11 this year in Las Vegas! Also new to this year’s festivities is The Launch Pad, a chance for a small group of leading edge educational technology startups to be featured in a showcase role at the conference for a special price. Read more about the event and the cool ways EdSurge‘s Tony Wan will be partnering with us on their awesome site here.
I have the great pleasure to be the Chair of the Launch Pad committee this year and it’s been an exciting opportunity to cultivate this new dimension into the ecosystem of the conference. As an online educator myself, I believe the overcoming many of our current educational challenges will require a more fluid dialogue between educators and entrepreneurs. Those who are envisioning the tools with which we, as teachers, will use to facilitate our learning environments, must understand the challenges and obstacles educators face on a daily basis. The Launch Pad is one step towards improving this dialogue and fostering a learning community between educators and entrepreneurs.
6-8 companies will be selected to attend the ET4OL conference in Las Vegas on April 9-11, 2013.
The lucky Launch Pad participants will receive:
- A booth in the specially designated “Launch Pad” area within the conference floor plan
- Full conference registration (a $575 value)
- A seat on the “Art of Innovation” conference plenary panel, moderated by EdSurge’s Tony Wan, on the morning of Thursday, April 11th
- An invitation to attend “The Art of the Startup”, a workshop on Tuesday, April 9th featuring presentations by:
- Spotlight promotions on the ET4Online website and EdSurge newsletter
- The priceless opportunity to speak with and the world’s leading online educators and learn how to improve your product to meet their teaching needs
- Special Introductory Launch Pad Price: $400*
(*There is no fee to apply. The fee will be paid by selected participants only.)