I am available for speaking for engagements and love spending time with faculty. My presentations delve into the use of emerging technologies to support the needs of diverse students and faculty, while acknowledging the role that vulnerability plays in faculty innovations.
Please contact me directly with inquiries. I do my very best to respond within a couple of days.
Recent Invited Presentations
- Teaching Literacy in the Snapchat Era, Global Society of Online Literacy Educators (GSOLE) Conference, January 26, 2018.
- Straddling the Chasm, Keynote, OLC Collaborate; Anchorage, AK, August 2017.
- Humanizing Learning with Digital Tools, Keynote, Spring Teaching and Learning Conference, Michigan State University, May, Lansing, MI.
- Straddling the Chasm: Supporting Faculty in the Networked Era, Featured Session, OLC Innovate, April, New Orleans, LA.
- Learning Out Loud, Keynote Lightning Talk, OLC Innovate, April, New Orleans, LA.
- Straddling the Chasm: Supporting Faculty in a Networked Era. Lynda.com Higher Education Learning Summit, March, San Francisco, CA.
- Inclusivity in the Digital Classroom. Seattle Pacific University, April 2016.
- Making Stuff: How Digital Media Can Improve the Relevancy of Education. Keynote, West LA College in Los Angeles, CA, 2016.
- Humanizing Online Learning. Keynote, University of Wisconsin System Conference, 2016.
- Straddling the Chasm: Rethinking Faculty Support. Keynote, NUTN Conference in Savannah, GA, 2016.
- Humanizing Online Learning. Guest Speaker, Moorpark College, 2015.
- Risking it All: Learning in the Social Era. Keynote, Rasmussen College 2014 North and South Academic Symposiums, Minneapolis, MN and Tampa, FL, 2014
- The Fractal Life: Harnessing Social for Authentic, Agile Living. Keynote, LinkedIn, User Experience Design All-Hands Meeting, LinkedIn Headquarters, Mountain View, CA, 2014.
- Humanizing Online Learning with Emerging Technologies. Keynote, University of California Fresno, Technology, Innovations & Pedagogy Conference, 2014.
- Teaching in the Dark: Learning to Love What We Fear. Keynote, Tri-C eMerge Blended Learning Conference, Cuyahoga Community College, 2014.
- Social Presence: Creating Your Humanized Online Teaching Recipe. Skyline Community College, 2014.