Michelle was the keynote speaker at our statewide conference and her talk was the perfect way to kick off the event. She brought a combination of experience, credibility, and humanity that truly focused the discussions that followed. As educational technology continues to advance—and will become ubiquitous during the post-pandemic era—it is only by understanding how it can be applied in appropriate and humane ways that we will be successful. Michelle will serve as our guide as we navigate this new landscape.
Thomas Cavanaugh, Vice Provost, University of Central Florida
Michelle kept a 300+ member audience informed, engaged, and inspired with her talk on humanizing online education. I found her talk to be well-grounded in research and experience. I was impressed with how she was able to move from the big picture to small details and suggestions without getting too bogged down in either place — it was perfect for our audience. Highly recommend!-Shannon Riggs, Executive Director, Oregon State University Ecampus
I am available for speaking for engagements and love spending time with faculty. Please contact me directly with inquiries. I do my very best to respond within a few days.
- Keynote, University of Oklahoma, January
- Keynote, Henry Ford College, January
- Keynote, Blinn College, January
- OLC Collaborate, Pre-Conference Workshop (co-presenter), Humanizing Online Learning, November
- Ontario eCampus Technology Education Seminar and Showcase (TESS), Fireside Chat, October
- Keynote, Colorado Community Colleges Online, Connect Conference, Humanizing Online Learning: Leveraging Relationships to Fuel Engagement & Rigor, October
- Keynote, Waukesha County Technical College, Humanizing Online Learning: Leveraging Relationships to Fuel Engagement & Rigor, October
- Academic Senate for California Community Colleges, Fall Academic Academy, Achieving Equity through Humanized Online Teaching, October
- St. Petersburg College, Humanizing Online Learning, invited speaker, September
- Illinois Distance Education Consortium, Humanizing the Online Environment, September
- Foothill College, The Anatomy of Learning and the Importance of Cultivating Care from the First Click, August
- Keynote, Coastline College, Humanizing Online Learning, August
- Bakersfield College, Humanizing Online Learning, August
- California Governor’s Office of Planning & Research, California Education Learning Lab, Don’t Be a Robot, August
- Keynote, Ventura Community College District, Humanizing Online Learning, August
- ThinkUDL Podcast episode, Whole-Student Learning Online, Summer
- Keynote, Assembly for Expanded Perspectives on Learning Conference, July
- TOPCast Podcast, Principles for Humanizing Online Education … and Remote Teaching/Learning, University of Central Florida, April
- Keynote, 4th Annual TOPkit Workshop, University of Central Florida, Humanizing Online Learning, Orlando, FL. March
- Defining Leadership in EdTech, DET/CHE (Directors of Educational Technology, California Higher Education). San Diego, CA, December
- Equitizing Higher Education through Humanized Online Teaching, OLC Accelerate, invited workshop. Orlando, Florida, November
- Academic Support Panel, STEM Equity Conference, UC Berkeley. Berkeley, CA, October
- Humanizing Learning with Digital Tools, Utah State University, Center for Innovative Design & Instruction. Logan, Utah, October
- Untethered Professional Development: A More Equitable Model, Online Teaching Conference. Anaheim, CA, June
- Reimagining Success Panel, Community College Summit, OLC Innovate Conference. Denver, CO, April .
- Humanizing Online Learning: The Secret Sauce for Improving Equity Gaps in Higher Education, with Mike Smedshammer and Tracy Schaelen, OLC Innovate Conference. Denver, CO, April
- Humanizing Online Learning, keynote, Oregon State Ecampus Faculty Forum. Corvallis, Oregon May
- Humanizing Learning with Digital Tools, keynote, St. Cloud State Provost Summit. St. Cloud, Minnesota, March
- Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast, Becoming an Authentic Online Teacher, January
- Humanizing Online Learning, ETOM Conference, Macomb Community College. Detroit, Michigan, November 2018.
- Humanizing Learning with Digital Tools, Academic Technology Services speaker series, California State University. Long Beach, California, October 2018.
- Humanizing Online Learning, Online Teaching Symposium, keynote, Northern Illinois University. Virtual, June 2018.
- Teaching Literacy in the Snapchat Era, Global Society of Online Literacy Educators (GSOLE) Conference. Virtual, January 26, 2018.
- Straddling the Chasm, Keynote, OLC Collaborate; Anchorage, AK, August 2017.
- Humanizing Learning with Digital Tools, Keynote, Spring Teaching and Learning Conference, Michigan State University, May, Lansing, MI.
- Straddling the Chasm: Supporting Faculty in the Networked Era, Featured Session, OLC Innovate, April, New Orleans, LA.
- Learning Out Loud, Keynote Lightning Talk, OLC Innovate, April, New Orleans, LA.
- Straddling the Chasm: Supporting Faculty in a Networked Era. Lynda.com Higher Education Learning Summit, March, San Francisco, CA.
- Inclusivity in the Digital Classroom. Seattle Pacific University, April 2016.
- Making Stuff: How Digital Media Can Improve the Relevancy of Education. Keynote, West LA College in Los Angeles, CA, 2016.
- Humanizing Online Learning. Keynote, University of Wisconsin System Conference, 2016.
- Straddling the Chasm: Rethinking Faculty Support. Keynote, NUTN Conference in Savannah, GA, 2016.
- Humanizing Online Learning. Guest Speaker, Moorpark College, 2015.
- Risking it All: Learning in the Social Era. Keynote, Rasmussen College 2014 North and South Academic Symposiums, Minneapolis, MN and Tampa, FL, 2014
- The Fractal Life: Harnessing Social for Authentic, Agile Living. Keynote, LinkedIn, User Experience Design All-Hands Meeting, LinkedIn Headquarters, Mountain View, CA, 2014.
- Humanizing Online Learning with Emerging Technologies. Keynote, University of California Fresno, Technology, Innovations & Pedagogy Conference, 2014.
- Teaching in the Dark: Learning to Love What We Fear. Keynote, Tri-C eMerge Blended Learning Conference, Cuyahoga Community College, 2014.
- Social Presence: Creating Your Humanized Online Teaching Recipe. Skyline Community College, 2014.