The call for proposals for the 2010 Online Teaching Conference in b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l San Diego, CA is nearing.
June 16 (Pre-Conference Workshops), 17, 18
San Diego Community College
The conference is made possible through a joint effort of the California Educational Technology Consortium (CETC), and Computer Using Educators (CUE). Both groups focus their efforts on improving K20 education through the use of technology.
I’ve been a part of this conference for years now and it’s always an incredible value and is wonderful way for K-20 educators to connect and engage in lively dialogue with colleagues about important trends in online education. The focus at the Online Teaching Conference is always on our students which I tremendously appreciate. Join us in San Diego this June to be exposed to new ideas, nationally renowned keynote speakers and to increase your of understanding how to effectively integrate technology into learning to best support the needs of your online students.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Allison Powell, Vice President at iNACOL International Association for K-12 Online Learning
- Candace Thille, Director of the Open Learning Initiative (OLI) at Carnegie Mellon University
Submit your presentation proposal today! Presentation tracks include:
- Universal Access – Accessibility, learning styles, etc.
- Hot Topics – Basic Skills, STEM Education, Authentication, etc.
- Online Teaching Effective Practices – Teaching practices that work
- Green and Sustainable Learning – Education that saves energy and engages students for now and the future
- Support Services & Resources – Student Services, Library Services, Instructional Design and Faculty Services, Learning Object Repositories, Digital Texbooks, and other Teaching/Learning Resources
- Technology & Social Networking – Creative use of Web 2.0, social networking, new products and releases
- Leadership, Planning & Evaluation – Online learning program issues and strategies
** Accepted presenters will have their conference registration fees waived **
For more info, visit the 2010 Online Teaching Conference website.
With the advent of computing and technology, many individuals are resorting in elearning online courses and get their diplomas quickly than that of conventional ways.